Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Run for the Homeless Introduction

Hey everyone!  Thanks for visiting my blog!  I plan to use it as a way to track my progress and provide communication to my supporters for a goal I have that involves running and homelessness.

I currently work for LifeNet, an out-patient mental health agency in Dallas, TX that provides services to low-income and homeless people.  I oversee all of the recruiting and marketing for our permanent supportive housing program.  Serving about 300 individuals and families at any given time, LifeNet is the largest non-goverment provider of housing in this area!  It has been an incredible opportunity to see firsthand the lives of homeless and mentally ill people changed by the services we provide.

I recently had an idea to combine my passion of running with my desire to help homeless people.  I love the benefits that I personally get from running, but I want other people to benefit as well.  Throughout the months of May and June, I hope to use my running to bring about awareness of homelessness and generate funds for serving those who are experiencing homelessness.  Through personal training and various races, I hope to run about 200 miles in the next two months.  If you would like to help the homeless clients we serve, please consider making either a one-time donation of any amount or by donating a certain amount per mile I run.

I will be updating you about my running, donations collected, and housing success stories through this blog.  More information detailing how you can help me with this cause will be e-mailed later this week.  I will go through my address book and e-mail the details to everyone.  If you believe I do not have your e-mail address and you would like to get involved, please send me an e-mail at blong@lifenettexas.org.

Thank you very much for your time!  Please feel free to subscribe to my blog to receive updates.  If you know of anyone else who might be interested in this cause, you are welcome to share this site with them as well.  I look forward to partnering with you and sharing this journey with you!

Join us, catch the vision, and help by "Giving the Homeless a Second Chance"


Housing Promo Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EZspnJSL60

1 comment:

  1. this is so amazing..way to go brandon! I'm so proud of your efforts to help the homeless whether you are at work or not! 13.1 woohoo

    ReplyDelete